Saturday, June 12, 2010

America: A word please

I'm really happy that the US is doing well in the World Cup so far and I know that soccer will become more and more popular in the US and I think that's great but I have one issue. Before I tell you about that however let me cheaply manipulate your sensibilities.



Amerika: Ficken Ja.


Well the issue is: Please don't turn the game in some generic family friendly crap. I know you think sports can only exist when it has seventeen commercial/pee breaks, takes four hours and you can take your three-year old to the game. Well soccer is a bit different. It may seem vile that Liverpool fans chant "He's a cunt, he's a scouse, he'll rob your fucking house. Wayne Rooney" when they play Manchester United, but that's simply part of the game. How are the radical supporters gonna feel when they can't critically injure enemy fans anymore? How does one enjoy a World Cup where you can't throw around bar chairs on some historic plaza. If you must know hatred of enemy teams is drilled into a soccer fans head at a very young age. It's like a religion, irrational and arbitrary but fucking awesome if you're part of it.


We start off early. Especially the dutch fan-tjens.


So just sit back and enjoy the enthusiastic and inexplicable violence.

About cheerleaders we can talk. I've been trying to get those into professional soccer for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment