Thursday, June 17, 2010

Apologies? Honduras 0 - Chile 1 Spain loses to the Neutral guys

I have to apologize that I've been slacking with updates recently. But there's a really good reason: Laundry. Well I have to do laundry. But I have a day-job that is warped around the three soccer games a day. So that mean that If I want to work eight ours a day I have be at work at 6:30am and watch games and work and watch games till 8pm or so. Point in case I find it really hard to do laundry. It is certainly feasible but after I get home I have to do the game write ups (Which I obviously never do at work.) and then I am what's that word? Tired. After such a day all I feel like doing is taking a hot shower and sitting in a chair staring at a wall, while drowning my sorrows in beer. (It's amazing what patterns emerge if you stare long enough)

To soccer now. I have to wrap this up a bit. Chile beat Honduras 1:0. Chile is a great team. Look out for Matías Fernández he's a great player.

But Switzerland beat Spain 1:0. Yes you know this already. The dudes that run with bulls got defeated by the people that ring cowbells. Shortly after Iker Casillas conceded the goal that can be argued to be a goalkeeping blunder rumors spread out in tabloids that Casillas made the mistake because his super-smoking hot TV presenter girlfriend hung out around the goal.



Well that sucks Spain. I don't think it's true but it sure would be funny. If they come second in their group they will mess up my bracket and I will hate them. Then again I won't be rooting for my bracket since I have Germany losing to Argentina in the quarterfinals. In case Germany does lose it would least mean some dineros for me.

Don't write off Spain just yet. Yes they have a tendency of choking in this competition but in terms of player material they're No.1 in the world. Alas right now chocolate and pocket knifes seem to rule the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment